I'm reposting for the weekend to remind all you lovely 2011 and 2012 brides to enter to win your wedding day photography!
The lovely Carissa Uribe!
I found photographer Carissa Uribe of Dulce Photography lurking around some photography website a long while back. I liked what I saw and contacted her to see if she'd want to feature a wedding she shot on my blog. She, as well as the bride, were both game. So that's how we "met." Then I learned that Carissa herself was a bride! After she was married she simply could not resist being an Unfake Bride herself And really, how she could not?
So when contest time came up, we decided it was as natural a partnership as could be. I really like Carissa's style. I like working with her on these little blog projects. I enjoy emailing her and talking with her on the phone. She's creative and fun and polite and intelligent and totally open to suggestions and to having fun while she's "working." And I have that in quotes because it's hard to call something you adore "work." It's clear to me that is the kind of photographer Carissa is. She's passionate about what she does and that shines through in her pictures. Here, I'll just share with you what she told me and some examples of her work. And as a testament to her love of all things wedding-photography related, when I asked her to send me a few examples of her most favorite pictures I was thinking maybe she'd send me no more than 20, 30 pictures...tops. Oh, no. I lost count. All I know is that I had four of the most gianormous emails I think I've ever had. And you know what? It was hard for me to choose my favorites too. I wish I could put them all up, but this post shouldn't take 800 years to scroll through. I'll try to be as succinct as possible.
Carissa told me:
When people ask me what my style is, I always have a hard time answering. Not because I don't know what it is or because I'm not confident in myself. It's more because my style is just that... mine. I try not to compare myself to others.
I suppose if I had to pin it down, I would say it's a cross between photo journalistic and modernly artistic, if that even makes sense. But honestly, my style comes from how I view the world: how all the little pieces of my life come together and make up who I am as a person. From the emotions that I see and feel and in turn, capture with my camera. Every wedding is so different, so beautiful in its own respect. And it is my ultimate goal to encapsulate every wedding for the unique love story that it is. To freeze moments in time with my photos so that those memories can be brought back to life. So that a bride can be dancing with her groom again, with just a glance at a photograph.
Basically, I'm just a girl who loves all things about love. Oh, and pretty light!
So now do you want Carissa as your photographer? Good. That's the point. Because were giving Carissa away. Well, not exactly Carissa, but her talent as a wedding photographer!
Here's what you can win:
~ Full wedding day coverage
by Carissa Uribe of Dulce Photograhy (full coverage meaning from the moment you start getting ready to the moment you leave the reception!)
~ An online gallery of your photos for family and friends to view and purchase prints.
~ A CD of all wedding photos with exclusive printing rights.
Killer, right? Here's what you gotta do.
- Answer the following questions (creativity is the main criteria folks!) in an email and send to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If you feel akward answering a question, go ahead and skip, but remember that creativity will weight heavier on other Q's!
1. Will you "abstain" at any point during your engagement?
2. WHAT or WHO is your greatest wedding day/wedding planning fear?
3. Bridal party: "The more the merrier!" or "I don't need the drama."
4. Describe your wedding vision in three words or less.
5. If you and your fiance won a million dollars TODAY, where is the first place the money would go?
6. If you could invite one famous person (alive or dead) to your wedding who would it be and why?
7. Wedding day fashion: heels or flats? Why?
8. What is your definition of "marriage?"
9. How many carats (yes, we [meaning me] are encouraging rock-envy)?
10. If your wedding was a movie, what would the theme song be?
- Include at least ONE photo of you and your fiance and NO MORE than three. Seriously. We (meaning me) will totally disqualify you for overloading our (my) in-box.
- Include your wedding date! We've extended the contest to include 2011 AND 2012 brides/grooms.
Once you do that, Carissa and I will each pick out our two favorite entries (four finalists total) and post them here. Then you, dear readers, get to vote for your favorites! We'll be posting the answers with the photos of our favorites and you get to pick the winner!
But of course, there are rules. Always thwarted by the damn rules. They are actually pretty easy-peasy. Here are the basics:
- Only one entry per couple, please.
- All entries must be received by Feruay 6, 2011.
- You must have your wedding date set (to ensure availability), and it must be in 2011 or 2012.
- This contest is only applicable to new inquiries of Dulce Photography.
- If you live outside of Park City, Utah, travel fees (air fare/hotel) will apply and must be paid for by the winners. Travel must be finalized no later than 2 months prior to the wedding date.
- Entries that do not win will be given a 10% discount (please inquire to see 2011 Collection rates) as a thank you for entering the contest.
For all the legal mumbo jumbo about these rules and prizes and such, click here. Please make sure you read this!
So hop to it, ladies. Get your entries in stat and you could win yourself AH-mazing wedding photography! So, how excited are you? Enter NOW!